Monday, April 25, 2011

Baby Cereal Cookies

*Updated!* I have lots of it.  I found a link online to someone who had made cake from left-over baby food and I was inspired to look for a recipe for left-over baby cereal too.  I did have to tweak it, but they turned out so darn yummy that I've already had requests for the recipe (since it was on a generic site with nobody credited for the recipe and I had to tweak it, I'm not providing the original link).

So here it is:

Oatmeal Baby Cereal Cookies

 
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 C baby oatmeal cereal
2 eggs
1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C oil
1 tsp vanilla

1/2 C milk




The dough should be firm enough to hold a ball shape, but not dry.  The wetter the dough, the flatter the cookies will fall when baked.  You can adjust the milk and the cereal as needed.

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes.  Get your cold milk ready.  These soft and chewy treats will be a big hit for you too.

 
I often use other cereals, and I like adding cinnamon too.  My favorite so far is an oatmeal/mixed grain combination with about 1 TBS cinnamon.  I haven't found a combination that doesn't work and they always get gobbled down.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best cookie recipes I've ever had. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete