Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pizza Bites

Super yummy and super easy.  Got the recipe from lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com (via Pinterest) and adapted it for my own nefarious purposes.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

combine in one bowl:
3/4 C flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 TBS Italian seasoning
dash of salt
3/4 C milk
1 egg
1 C grated cheese  (original recipe calls for an additional 1/4 C parmesan but I rarely have that on hand so I just do an overflowing cup of whatever - mozzarella or colby jack, etc.)

Spray mini muffin pan.  I found my silicone pan to be the perfect size because it uses all of the dough exactly.  Scoop the dough (it's very wet) into the pan.  I end up filling them most of the way.  The recipe also said to wait 10 minutes before baking (I assume to let the baking powder start to work), but I use that time to cut up the pepperoni.  I've done the pepperoni in full-size slices, but I like it better cut up.  Put them in how you like and as much as you like.

Bake for 20 minutes.  Dip in pizza-type sauce if you like.  My kids adore these!

No comments:

Post a Comment